Warehouse & Production Manager
CP Distributors Ltd. is currently seeking a Warehouse & Production Manager to aid customized service in our HALIFAX location. CP Distributors is a premier supplier of metal doors, frames, and specialty construction products to the construction industry. We specialize in the custom manufacturing and coordination of parts for major construction projects.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, you will be responsible for helping to achieve the company’s sales budget and profit target, by effectively managing our Warehouse and Fabrication Shop functions, on time delivery, inventory, quality and cost control, by;
1. Ensuring that sales orders are manufactured and shipped efficiently and cost effectively, and delivered on time in accordance with customer requirements and specifications.
a. Communicating with all the relevant personnel and departments, and co-ordinating all relevant inputs (people, plant and processes) to ensure production output and on time delivery is achieved.
b. Planning, scheduling and reviewing workload and resources, to ensure production output and delivery schedules are achieved cost effectively, and all Fabrication Shop labour is accurately recorded.
c. Ensuring that the area has the necessary manpower, competence, skill, knowledge, plant, equipment and tooling required in order to achieve customer delivery requirements.
2. Managing the Purchasing function to ensure material is purchased cost effectively, and available for production when required, in line with project schedules and Project Leader instructions.
3. Managing the Inventory function to ensure product is received, located, stored and transferred correctly, and the inventory quantities are accurate.
4. Reviewing/improving company processes and procedures to ensure best practice and excellence in business operations.
As part of the management team you will also be jointly responsible for contributing towards the achievement of the company’s strategic and operational targets and overall business aims.
The job role may include other associated duties/tasks from time to time.
The role carries direct managerial responsibility for all the warehouse, fabrication shop, and purchasing personnel.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated in a Mechanical/Production Engineering discipline, and 5+ years of Operations management experience.
- Possess a broad knowledge of mechanical or production engineering, experience with sheet metal welding/fabrication, and a working knowledge of purchasing and inventory control.
- Possess some experience of the construction or related industry.
- Ability to read and interpret project shop drawings.
- Have experience of planning & scheduling a fabrication shop or production unit.
- Possess experience of purchasing and inventory control, in a distribution environment.
- Have a working understanding of inventory management systems.
- A basic understanding of health and safety best practice and legislation.
- Have a working understanding of the principles of continuous improvement.
- Have some experience in operating within a Quality Management System.
- Possess problem solving and people management skills.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a customer focused working environment.
- Have excellent personal organization, and business administration skills.
- Ability to manage customer expectations and meet agreed deadlines.
- Proven ability to build a high performance team, who can operate both efficiently, and effectively.
- Be energetic, dynamic, positive, enthusiastic and possess the ability to think laterally and act through reasoned decision making.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently, and effectively, and to drive improvements to processes and procedures.
- Have the ability to implement and manage change in the business.
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt to future changes in the business or product offering.
- Possess strong computer skills, and competency in basic MS Office applications ie MS outlook, Excel & Word.
Send Resume Via:
Attn: Human Resources
3719 Kochar Avenue
Saskatoon SK S7P 0B8