High-pressure injected polyurethane
- Stronger and more energy-efficient insulation
- Solidly bonded to the aluminum sheets providing a section that is resistant to flexion.
- Pre-painted (5 coats), 0.60 mm thick aluminum is ideal for large-sized doors. Being very lightweight helps to extend the life of the components for doors with a large number of operation cycles.
InterlokTM triple-contact joints
- Sections are strengthened by 2 aluminum walls joined together with mechanical interlocking joints which are more solid than just two bonded walls.
- Their mechanical thermal breaks are more efficient compared to thermal breaks made with glue.
Metal reinforcement plates
- Provide stronger fastening for hinges and struts. These 14?gauge plates are 2 times thicker than 20?gauge plates used by other manufacturers.
Wood end blocks
- As structural elements of the sections, the kiln-dried pine wood end blocks are installed at the outer ends of the section. They are stronger than insulation covered with a steel cap.
Lag screw system
- Provides much better fastening of the end hinges. The lag screws engage 8 threads into the wood, compared to a self-tapping screw going through a steel end cap engaging only about 2 or 3 threads.
- Thickness of 0.023” (0.60 mm).
- Pre-painted aluminum with five coats of protective finish. Baked-on polyester paint. Can be repainted and is corrosion-resistant.
- Woodgrain finish on both sides of the door.
1 ¾" (44.5 mm) insulated door with high-pressure injected polyurethane foam ensuring a high thermal-resistance rating of R-16 (RSI 2.8 or k=0.357 W/m2K) and the solidity of a composite material.
InterLokTM joints between each section:
- Mechanical joints ensure stronger sections with walls of each panel mechanically interlocked (not only bonded by the polyurethane).
- Mechanical thermal break avoids heat transfer between the interior and exterior walls of each section.
- Triple-contact joint prevents air infiltration.
U-shaped tubular bottom weatherstripping made of thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) ensures the weathertightness of the threshold. Remains flexible and watertight during cold weather, to -62°F (-52°C).
Flexible top weatherstripping 2 ½” (64 mm) and aluminum extrusion for aluminum doors of 10’ (3048 mm) wide and over.
Wood end blocks made of kiln-dried pine (grade 4). With our lag screw system, ensure better fastening of the end hinges. They also provide a thermal break which prevents thermal bridging.
14-gauge steel reinforcement plates placed inside the door for solidly attaching hinges and struts.
Door weight: 1.55 lb/ft2 (7.6 kg/m2)