20 GUAGE STEEL DOOR
High-pressure injected polyurethane
- Stronger and more energy-efficient insulation
- Solidly bonded to the steel sheets providing a section that is resistant to flexion.
Smooth steel finish
- 23-gauge or 20-gauge steel, provides a bending resistance 15% greater than 26-gauge steel, for better resistance to impact and vandalism.
- Highly corrosion-resistant with galvanized steel having a minimum of G60 zinc coating (180 g/m2).
InterlokTM triple-contact joints
- Sections are strengthened by 2 steel walls joined together with mechanical interlocking joints which are more solid than just two bonded walls.
- Their Mechanical thermal breaks which are more efficient compared to thermal breaks made with glue.
Metal reinforcement plates
- Provide stronger fastening for hinges and struts. These 14-gauge plates are 2 times thicker than 20-gauge plates used by other manufacturers.
Wood end blocks
- Structural elements of the sections, the kiln-dried pine wood end blocks are installed at the outer ends of the section. They are stronger than insulation covered with a steel cap.
Lag screw system
- Provides much better fastening of the end hinges. The lag screws engage 8 threads into the wood, compared to a self-tapping screw going through a steel end cap engaging only about 2 or 3 threads.
G60 hot-dipped galvanized steel with five coats of protective finish.
20-gauge exterior and interior steel skins
20-gauge exterior and 23-gauge interior steel skins
23-gauge exterior and interior steel skins
- Baked-on polyester paint. Can be repainted.
- Smooth finish on both sides of the door.
- Same quality of corrosion-resistant steel for interior and exterior faces.
1 ¾" (44.5 mm) insulated door with high-pressure injected polyurethane foam ensuring a high thermal-resistance rating of R?16 (RSI 2.8 or k= 0.357 W/m2K) and the solidity of a composite material.
InterLokTM joints between each section:
- Mechanical joints ensure stronger sections with walls of each panel mechanically interlocked (not only bonded by the polyurethane).
- Mechanical thermal break avoids heat transfer between the interior and exterior walls of each section.
- Triple-contact joint prevents air infiltration.
U-shaped tubular bottom weatherstripping made of thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) ensures the weathertightness of the threshold. Remains flexible and watertight during cold weather, to -62°F (-52°C).
Wood end blocks made of kiln-dried pine (grade 4). With our lag screw system, ensure better fastening of the end hinges. They also provide a thermal break which prevents thermal bridging.
14-gauge steel reinforcement plates placed inside the door for solidly attaching hinges and struts.
3.35 lb/ft2 (16.3 kg/m2)
3.15 lb/ft2 (15.4 kg/m2)
2.85 lb/ft2 (13.9 kg/m2)