POLYURETHANE SANDWICH DOOR
HIGH-PRESSURE INJECTED POLYURETHANE
• Stronger and more energy-efficient insulation.
• Solidly bonded to the steel sheets providing a section that is resistant to flexion.
SEALED THERMO-PANE WINDOWS
• Optimize insulation and reduce seal failures with galvanized steel spacer technology.
• Ensure a long lasting and refined appearance with one-piece molded polypropylene window frame.
INTERLOK TRIPLE?CONTACT JOINTS
• Sections are strengthened by 2 steel walls joined together with mechanical interlocking joints which are more solid than just two bonded walls.
• Mechanical thermal breaks which are more efficient compared to thermal breaks made with glue.
• Triple-contact joints provide 2 times more weathertightness than those of the competition.
METAL REINFORCEMENT PLATES
• Provide stronger fastening for hinges and struts. These 14-gauge plates are 2 times thicker than 20-gauge plates used by other manufacturers.
WOOD END BLOCKS
• Provide a thermal break that is more effective than steel end caps which form a thermal bridge.
• Structural elements of the sections, the kiln-dried pine wood end blocks are installed at the outer ends of the section. They are stronger than insulation covered with a steel cap.
LAG SCREW SYSTEM
• Provides much better fastening of the end hinges. The lag screws engage 8 threads into the wood, compared to a self?tapping screw going through a steel end cap engaging only about 2 or 3 threads.
• 26/26-gauge, G60 hot-dipped galvanized steel with five coats of protective finish.
• Baked-on polyester paint. Can be repainted.
• Woodgrain finish on both sides of the door.
• Same quality of corrosion-resistant steel for interior and exterior faces.
Insulated door with high-pressure injected polyurethane foam ensuring a high thermal-resistance rating and the solidity of a composite material.
• 1 3?4” (44.5 mm), R-16 (RSI 2.8 or k= 0.357 W/m2K)
• 1 3?8” (35 mm), R-12 (RSI 2.1 or k=0.476 W/m2K)
• 2” (50 mm), R-18 (RSI 3.2 or k= 0.313 W/m2K)
InterLokTM joints between each section:
• Mechanical joints ensure stronger sections with walls of each panel mechanically interlocked (not only bonded by the polyurethane).
• Mechanical thermal break avoids heat transfer between the interior and exterior walls of each section.
• Triple-contact joint prevents air infiltration.
U-shaped tubular bottom weatherstripping made of thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) ensures the weathertightness of the threshold.
Remains flexible and watertight during cold weather, until -62°F (-52°C).
Wood end blocks made of kiln-dried pine (grade 4). With our lag screw system,ensure better fastening of the end hinges. They also provide a thermal break which
prevents thermal bridging.
14-gauge steel reinforcement plates placed inside the door for solidly attaching hinges and struts.
Door weight:1.90 lb/ft2 (9.3 kg/m2)
1.75 lb/ft2 (8.5 kg/m2)
1.95 lb/ft2 (9.5 kg/m2