Bonded steel and polystyrene
- Stronger corrosion resistance with its 26-gauge galvanized steel on both sides of the door, having a G60 coating (zinc galvanized with a minimum of 180 g/m2).
- 2“ polystyrene insulation bonded to two steel walls for more strength.
- InterStopTM joints between sections prevent air infiltration.
- Efficient thermal breaks on the upper side of the sections stops cold and heat transfers.
Wood end blocks
- Lag screw system provides much better fastening of the end hinges. The lag screws engage 8 threads into the wood, compared to a self-tapping screw going through a steel end cap engaging only about 2 or 3 threads.
- 26/26-gauge, G60 hot-dipped galvanized steel with five coats of protective finish.
- Baked-on polyester paint. Can be repainted.
- Woodgrain finish on both sides of the door.
- Same quality of corrosion-resistant steel for interior and exterior faces.
2” (50 mm) CFC-free polystyrene ensures a thermal-resistance rating of R-10 (RSI 1.8 or k=0.556 W/m2K).
InterStopTM joints between each section prevent air infiltration and provide an efficient thermal break on the top side of the sections.
Continuous PVC bottom weatherstripping made of a U-shape and a semi-circular flexible.
Wood end blocks made of kiln-dried pine (grade 4). With our lag screw system, ensure a better fastening of the end hinges. They also provide a thermal break which prevents thermal bridging.
20-gauge steel reinforcement plates placed inside the door for solidly attaching hinges and struts.
1.80 lb/ft2 (8.8 kg/m2)