TIMELY STEEL DOOR FRAMES
TIMELY INDUSTRIES IS THE LEADING MANUFACTURER OF PREFINISHED STEEL DOOR FRAMES
The key component of a door system that outperforms traditional steel frames while substantially reducing the total opening cost.
PERFORMANCE: Timely 20 gauge steel frames have been tested and proven to outperform 16 gauge hollow metal frames. Certified test results prove that the engineered anchoring system using 40 or more fasteners allows the lighter gauge frame to withstand far greater forces than hollow metal frames which have only six anchor points to the wall.
Our new GalXC™ material is now standard for all Timely door frames raising the quality and performance properties to the highest level at an exceptional value. GalXC™ is a Hot Dipped Galvanized product that provides superior corrosion resistance in the harshest environments while balancing outstanding surface, gauge, and shape quality.
A high performance Polyurethane coating is applied that provides excellent film hardness, abrasion resistance, corrosion and chemical resistance. Additional benefits are the superior color stability, chalk resistance, and gloss retention qualities.
The use of prefinished frames with applied casings allows for numerous design options. The appearance of the opening can be customized easily without adding substantial cost. Choose from unlimited color options and numerous casing options to achieve the look you want. You may want to consider adding sidelights, borrowed lights and/or transoms to add light and openness to any room.
EASE OF INSTALLATION
- Installs over the finished wall – no need to caulk, mask or cut in painting
- Installs at the end of the project – eliminates construction damage to doors and frames and allows furnishings to be placed prior to door installation
- Installs with the door as a template – perfect alignment of door and frame is guaranteed
- Install door, frame and hardware at one time – eliminates repetition of installing frame first, installing the door later and, at yet another time, installing the hardware. Total installation time is reduced by 2/3
- Frame can easily be adjusted or relocated – Traditional hollow metal frames are very difficult to adjust and are not easily re-used if building needs change
TOTAL OPENING COST SAVINGS
Prefinished opening systems eliminate multiple trips to each opening by laborers, installers and painters. Traditional primed hollow metal frames require a minimum of 10 trips to each opening to distribute, install and finish the frame and door and to distribute and install the hardware. The prefinished opening system requires only 2 trips to the opening – one to distribute the material and one to install all components. This results in substantial labor savings – at least 40% – when compared to hollow metal frames.
GREEN AND SUSTAINABILITY
Timely frames are made entirely of steel – an eco friendly product with nearly 30% of the total weight consisting of recycled steel. Use of door and window frames are perfect for adding light, improving work space quality and controlling energy consumption during the life of the building. All packaging is recyclable including pallets and protective coverings. Timely frames are easily re-used if the needs of the building change unlike most hollow metal frames which are destroyed when removing them from the opening.